This page provides Q & A about the coaching I offer. It also provides information about fees, coaching options, and the next step to begin a coaching relationship with me.
I come alongside you with life coaching,
to help you live and love well
out of your strengths
and your relationship with Christ.
What is coaching?
As a coach, I encourage you by actively listening, asking questions, and helping you clarify your goals and values. I help you explore where you are in life, where you want to be, and steps you can take to get there. Your journey is unique, so my coaching is individualized to your needs. See my post, What is Coaching?, to learn more.
Some topics my life experience and training prepare me to coach for include: growing your Gallup CliftonStrengths Themes, reaching goals, spiritual growth, relationships, forgiveness, emotional well-being, marriage, parenting, or living well through a season of waiting, transition, stress, or suffering.
Why a biblical worldview?
At its core, a biblical worldview is Christ-centered. Because of Jesus’ death and resurrection, real life change is possible! We do not depend on simply human effort for growth and change. Jesus remakes us from the inside out. The Bible is given to us by God so we might know Him and learn to live the way He created us to live. It grounds us with truth and provides perspective on how to live life.
Who is coaching for?
We all have seasons of life when we could benefit from being coached, such as times of growth, change, challenge, or suffering. Coaching is different from counseling. Coaching is focused on the future, for developing ourselves and reaching goals. There are times in life when we may need support from a counselor who can help us look back to the past and gain healing. My training and passion is to help others take steps forward.
How long does coaching last, and where does it take place?
It can be as short as one to three meetings for conversations about Strengths or a single topic. Or, it can be an on-going relationship to support someone in an ongoing season of growth or challenge. It’s terrific to meet in person! But coaching works great by phone or a video call, which is practical since a coach and client often don’t live near each other.
What are your qualifications?
I am a certified Christian Life Coach (Board of Christian Life Coaching) and commit to uphold the American Association of Christian Counselors’ Code of Ethics. I am also a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach, which equips me to help people discover their areas of strength and use them in all areas of their lives. Through Light University Online, I have completed an Advanced Diploma in Christian Life Coaching. See my Meet Me page and LinkedIn to learn more.
Why do you use Gallup’s CliftonStrengths assessment?
It’s exciting and helpful in countless ways to discover who God created you to be! This assessment also lets me get to know you as your coach. Our Strengths Themes are very individualized and can help us live and love well in every area of of lives. Learn more with my post, Introducing CliftonStrengths.
Why do you charge for coaching?
Growth and reaching goals has great value in our lives, which makes paying for coaching a great investment. By giving financially, it increases your sense of accountability and investment in your coaching experience. Coaches spend a considerable amount of time outside the actual conversation preparing for meetings and following up afterwards.
All Coaching Options begin with a free half-hour conversation designed to determine if being coached by me is the right next step for you. Each one-hour coaching session costs $30. Your Top 5 CliftonStrengths assessment code is covered by these fees.
CliftonStrengths Conversations – Discover and live out your Strengths! These CliftonStrengths coaching options provide life-changing experiences for understanding who you are, growing your relationships, and for success using your talents.
- Top 5 (3 session, one hour each) – This is a great first step in your strengths journey!
- All 34 (4 sessions, one hour each) – Total fees of $170 include three sessions and the cost for your CliftonStrengths 34 Access code ($89 value). This is an excellent deal! We discuss your Top 5 Strengths in our first conversation, the sequence of all 34 Strengths in our second conversation, and then explore how you can live fully into your Strengths in our third conversation.
- Engaged or Married Couples (plans vary) – Your Strengths Themes shape how you see, feel about, and respond to life. Understanding these for yourself and your fiancee/spouse is the first step to loving each other well and working together as a team!
- Kids Ages 9-14, With Parent(s) (2 sessions, one hour each) – Gallup developed StrengthsExplorer, a simpler version of CliftonStrengths, to help discover a child’s emerging Strengths Themes. This assessment comes with helpful resources for the parent and child to use together. The first meeting is with both parent(s) and child, the second is with only the parent(s).
- High School and College Students (1 session, 90 minutes) – CliftonStrengths for Students helps students discover who they are, how they can make successful education and life choices, and simply be encouraged!
- Parenting for Couples (3 sessions, one hour each) – Begin with understanding your own Strengths Themes as parents in the first session, as well as how to discover your child’s Strengths Themes. In the second session, learn how you can partner as parents with your themes. In the third session, create a parenting plan that fits the unique dynamics of your family! Uses Gallup’s book, Strengths Based Parenting, and age-appropriate assessments. Total fees vary by family size.
CliftonStrengths Workshops for Teams and Churches – Interactive group workshops are are great way to build relationships and encourage productivity, increasing the success of your team. Packages can include one-on-one coaching for the manager/leader and for individual members. Pricing, number of workshops, and specific services to be determined based on the needs of the team.
Life-In-Christ Conversations (6 sessions of one hour each) – A series of six conversations for experiencing heart and life change because of what Jesus does in our lives. Topics include identity, our hearts and motivations, struggles with weakness or sin, and living a joyful, fruit-filled life as a Christ-follower. These conversations walk us through transforming steps to experience relationship with Jesus and the power of the gospel in daily life!
Individualized Conversations – Your journey is unique, so my coaching is individualized to your needs. Our conversations might focus on spiritual growth, relationships, forgiveness, emotional well-being, marriage, parenting, or living well through a season of waiting, transition, stress, or suffering.
- Single Conversation – Great for when you have a specific topic you’d like to talk discuss.
- Series of Conversations – Together, we can create an individualized plan to fit your journey!
The Next Step:
Simply write me a note on my Contact page! I am happy to answer any questions you might have about coaching. We can set up a free half-hour conversation so you can meet me and see if you want to be coached by me, as well as talking about what coaching plan best meets your needs. I look forward to hearing from you!