God is our Source, for life, love, and hope. He shines light into even our cloudy days. Like the glorious rays of light on cornfield behind our home where we lived in Iowa. And in response, we can choose hope.
But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.
~ Lamentations 3:21-26
Reading this passage on our back patio this morning caused me to think on a little “hope-giving” list I’ve compiled the past few years. It inspired me to share with you.
Things that give hope:
- Remembering who God is; He is my Portion and He is enough.
- I can learn new things.
- Noticing daily thankfulnesses. (This points us to God’s goodness toward us.)
- My response makes a difference, for me and others. (What perspective can I choose? How can I engage intentionally? Extend love?)
- Create my own beauty in my day (a cup of coffee, a fun outing with the girls).
- God is able, doing something, over time. It doesn’t depend on me, doing it today (trust).
- Appreciate beauty (spring buds!).
- Satisfaction from the work of my hands (a lawn mowed, dishes done, simple work done well is good for the soul).
- Being seen and treated as an individual, with dignity and respect. (Seeing myself this way, and treated others in this manner.)
- Notice or create something to look forward to. And count down!
- Imagining possibilities. Give myself the freedom to imagine that which does not exist, at least yet!
What have you noticed gives you hope? Please comment and add to the list!